The application for the First Generation Award for NEW/TRANSFER students for the 2017-2018 academic year is now available. The submission deadline is Wednesday March 1, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently enrolled CSU students (including new students enrolled for Spring 2017), full time CSU OnLine students and/or CSU-Global students are not eligible to apply.
The application process
- Read the First Generation Award Description webpage
- Complete the FAFSA or the CSU ASSET application
- Check Eligibility Requirements
- Review essay questions and write your essays.
- Complete either the paper application or the online application.
Submit a completed application and essay responses online by clicking the button below. If you submit your application online, after verifying your eligibility, you will need to respond to the essay questions and upload your responses.
If you cannot apply online, please print the application and mail all materials to: First Generation Award Program
First Generation Award Program
Attn: Jordan Ervin
Center for Advising & Student Achievement
Colorado State University
121 TILT Building Fort Collins, CO 80523-1052
Tel: (970) 491-7095 / Fax: (970) 491-1133