2018-2019 Application OPEN December 1, 2017! Visit your RamWeb or CSU Academic Works for the application!
About the Reisher Scholars Program
The Reisher Scholars Program awards scholarships to Colorado students based upon demonstrated financial need and academic merit. The program seeks to help promising Colorado students earn their undergraduate degrees without incurring additional educational debt. The Reisher Scholars Program is unique in that it focuses on rising college sophomores and transfer students from community colleges who have already demonstrated academic and leadership potential as undergraduates.
The program was established in 2001 by the Reisher family. Roger and Margaret Reisher came from modest means and were the first in their families to attend and graduate from college. Appreciating how much their education impacted their lives and success in the banking industry, the Reishers established the program to help fill a gap in Colorado student financial aid. While many scholarships help students get started on their college journey, the Reisher Scholarship is designed to help provide students with the financial means to complete their undergraduate degree.
Currently six Colorado public universities partner with the Reisher Scholars Program. Students who have completed their freshman year at a partner university or who are transferring into one of the universities from community colleges for their junior year may apply. Applicants must meet a variety of eligibility requirements, including a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better, demonstrated financial need and involvement in service activities.
Reisher Scholar awards are full unmet need scholarships and now range from $4,000 to $11,000 per year. From 2001 to 2014, over 1,000 students from a wide variety of backgrounds have received Reisher support, with a total of $13.5 million in scholarships. The Reisher Scholars Program continues to grow, expanding its reach and impact to help Colorado college students reach their goals.
The Reisher Scholars Program began at CSU in the fall of 2012 with the mission to provide educational opportunities for promising and economically qualified Colorado undergraduate students. Scholars are highly motivated, goal-oriented, responsible, and/or likely to make a contribution to society as evidenced by community service, leadership activities, work experience, or unusual experience.
The selection process is competitive and there are a limited number of awards available. Award amounts range between $4,000 and $11,000 per year and is determined by completion of the FAFSA and the subsequent unmet need. Awards are renewable if the scholar meets the program requirements.
To learn more about the Reisher Scholars Programs, please visit http://www.denverfoundation.org/Scholarships/Reisher-Scholars/Home
CSU “Continuing” candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be a Colorado resident.
- Be a first-year CSU student who will be a “sophomore” with 24-45 completed credits by Fall 2018.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student with an expected graduation within 3 years (spring 2021) after being selected as a Reisher Scholar.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher by the end of the Fall 2017 semester and in subsequent semesters.
- Demonstrate specific financial need as determined by FAFSA results and Student Financial Services including an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) <$9,000.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1, 2018.
How do I apply?
Attend an on-campus information session (for continuing applicants only):
|DEC 5||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|DEC 6||5:00-6:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|JAN 22||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|JAN 23||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|JAN 23||5:00-6:00pm||Lory Student Center #322|
|JAN 24||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|JAN 25||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
|JAN 26||12:00-1:00pm||Stadium East #0202|
“Transfer” candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be a Colorado resident.
- Be a “junior” with 54-75 transferable credits (towards your major) from a junior or community college by Fall 2018.
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student at CSU through graduation.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at by the end of the spring 2018 semester and in subsequent semesters.
- Demonstrate specific financial need as determined by FAFSA results and Office of Financial Aid including an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) <$9,000
- Expected to graduate within two years (spring 2020) of receiving the Reisher Scholarship.
How do I apply?
*You must FIRST complete the Colorado State University Scholarship Application (CSUSA) through Academic Works in order for the Reisher Scholars Program application to become available to you. Please be sure to prepare enough time to complete BOTH applications!